Thursday, August 1, 2013

Reviewing the past, enjoying the present, looking to what lies ahead

Today, I chanced upon my blogs after trying to download a new browser as I have been having issues with Safari - wow, it's been 4 years since my last post ! I really should try to post more frequently, and not less.....4 years is a bit TOO long a break I think. It has been most interesting looking back at my previous posts & thinking about what had happened before.
Family photo taken August 2012
:-)

Many things have happened since that last entry in October 2009 - I have been to US many times more ( it's now a yearly visit ), been to Italy 3x since 2010 ( the food is amazing, so are the sights ! ), taken lots more cooking/baking classes ( both locally & in the US & Italy ), etc.

In fact, I just signed up for the "Waitress" class at Palate Sensations in 2 weeks' time - this is one of their movie-themed classes, featuring food inspired by the movie. In this case, it's pies - which are some of my favourite things to eat & make.
Kueh Lapis made by me in class at Palate sensations Jan '13

Anyway, since 2009, many food bloggers have come on the scene, including one of my favourites : ieatishootipost, by the well known Dr Leslie Tay, whom I believe has just wrapped up shooting a food series. Also, I have gotten to know dear Mrs Ergul, ( through our mutual love for food & making stuff & friends in common ) - do check out her lovely website where she showcases her baking & photography skills. :-)

A recent encouraging note from a friend
Recent health issues have also made me treasure the simple things like just being able to sleep & eat normally, and to have access readily to good & relatively cheap food in our little red dot. We definitely have much to be thankful for, but let us also not forget that "man shall not live by bread alone"( Luke 4:4 ) and live lives of discipline rather than giving in blindly to all our selfish desires and temptations. As our nation gears up for it's 48th birthday celebration, my prayer is that besides being well known for being food-lovers & tech-savvy, Singaporeans will also be known for our love and compassion to all, and our love for "whatever is true, honourable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent and worthy of praise"( Phil. 4:8 ).

No comments: